At the Euromedica General Clinic of Crete, all types of surgery are performed within the framework of the operation of the Surgical Department, which has state-of-the-art medical equipment and highly trained and experienced staff.
More specifically, the Surgical Department is able to cope with any condition related to General Surgery, except for solid organ transplants.
- Oncological surgeries of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract
- breast surgeries
- procedures for benign diseases of the gastroesophageal junction such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, esophageal achalasia, etc.
- Surgeries for diseases of the ano-rectal area such as hemorrhoids, stretch marks, etc.
- operations for diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts
- obesity surgeries
- minor surgical procedures, such as removal of moles, biopsies of skin lesions, etc.
- Hernia repairs
- endocrine gland surgery such as thyroidectomy
are some of the surgical procedures that can be performed in the Surgical Department by surgeons who have been further trained in reference centers both in Greece and abroad.
The procedures are performed either laparoscopically (primarily), or as an open procedure, or with the use of LASER or other modern techniques.
Overall, the strategy of the Surgical Department is based on the application of innovative methods, which today offer shorter hospitalization time, minimized risk of transmission hospital acquired infections, reduced costs for the patient and better psychology, as he/she returns more quickly to his/her familiar environment and work.